Sewing for Everyone - Thursdays 10-12.30
Commencing Thursday April 29 for 6 consecutive weeks, 10am-12.30pm.
Whether you're an absolute beginner, a novice with skills you'd like to improve, or an intermediate sewist who'd like a little support with patterns, fitting and the finer skills of sewing, we welcome you all.
This course is a place for sewists of all levels to come together to learn, create, share their passion, laugh, tell stories and connect with others.
To make sure you get all the attention you need, our classes are limited to five participants and run for a block of six consecutive weeks. Our internationally renowned tutor will help to bring out your creative genius in a fun and safe atmosphere.
What you'll learn
- Beginners will get to know their sewing machine and basic machine skills before embarking on a simple sewing project. During this project, you'll learn pattern and sewing terminology as well as garment construction skills to produce a pair of shorts, pyjama or lounge pants.
- Those with limited skills or needing a refresher course may like to join our beginner project before moving on to a project of their choice.
- Intermediate sewists will be assisted through their own project, learning new tips and tricks to achieve a professional finish on their garments.
What you need to bring
- Your sewing machine. It's best to learn on the machine that you'll do most of your sewing on but we have a couple of machines to hire ($10 per class) until you're ready to commit to purchasing your own.
- Materials for your project including fabric, thread and any notions required. Beginners will receive a list for these materials after booking.
- Basic sewing kit including scissors, pins, tape measure etc. Again, Beginners will receive a list for this or purchase our Basic Kit online.
$360 per person for a six week block.
Woven Stories Textiles, 3/89 Norma Rd, Myaree. Look for Nutrien Water (formerly Total Eden) on the corner of Norma Rd and Blaikie St. You can enter from either street and there is plenty of parking outside the shop and on the street.
Class will start promptly at 10am, please arrive a little earlier to set up your machine before class.
- This course is only available to be booked in a six week block, individual classes are not available.
- Bookings are not confirmed until payment has been made.
- Courses may be cancelled by Woven Stories up to one week prior to commencement if the required number of students has not been met. If the course is cancelled by us you can choose to receive a full refund, transfer to another available course, or payment transfer to a later course.
- Student cancellations are not accepted less than two weeks prior to the commencement of the course. If you are unable to attend on the day for any reason, refunds or transfers cannot be issued but we will endeavour to catch you up during regular class hours.